Battle of Blountville 150th Anniversary Re-Enactment
Registration Forms | Map and Directions | Contact Us
Hear all about it!
In concert with Tennessee 150th Civil War Celebrations across the state, the Official 150th Battle of Blountville Re-Enactment and Sesquicentennial Celebrations will be held Sept. 6-8, 2013 at the beautiful Hawley Farm located at 1173 Hawley Road, Blountville, Tennessee. This exciting event will be held as a special tribute to the Battle of Blountville which occurred on 22 September 1863.
Event commanders include:
- Federal forces under command of Col. Lance Dawson
- Confederate forces under command of Gen. Duane Hamby
- President Abraham Lincoln, Union (portrayed by David Wolfe)
- Gen. Ulysses S. Grant (portrayed by Dane Brewer)
- Gen. Robert E. Lee (portrayed by David Chaltas)
- Gen. Stonewall Jackson (portrayed by Danny Buckner)
- Major Gen. J.E.B. Stuart (portrayed by Wayne Jones)
- Col. Abraham Fulkerson (portrayed by Joe Adkins)
Visitors will enjoy the historic Hawley farm which provides a beautiful scenic backdrop for the re-enactment. New to this year’s event, an old-time county fair will be held on adjoining property! This event is sure to delight both young and old! Come join us! For further information, please call 423.323.4660.
Calendar of Events
Click here for full Calendar of Events
- Sept. 5 (Thu.), Camp set-up begins at 5 PM
- Sept. 6 (Fri.), "Civil War Heritage Day" for local schools
- Sept. 7 (Sat.), Battle of Blountville Re-Enactment and Old-Time County Fair
- Sept. 8 (Sun.), Battle of Blountville Re-Enactment and Old-Time County Fair
Directions and Map
The Battle of Blountville Re-Enactment is located an easy 4.5 miles off Interstate 81 Exit 63. Click here for Map, or follow the directions below:
- From I-81, take Exit 63 and head south on Airport Pkwy. for 2 miles.
- Just before the Airport, exit right and turn left on State Route 75.
- Continue for .7 mile.
- Turn right onto Muddy Creek Rd.
- Continue for 1.2 miles.
- Turn left onto Hawley Rd.
- Go .3 mile.
- Re-Enactment site will be on your left at 1173 Hawley Rd., Blountville, TN.
Reenacting Units and Participants
Event coordinators are offering a $125 bounty for the first five (5) artillery pieces. Powder rations will be issued to the first 100 pre-registered soldiers registered before Aug. 15. Meals and usual amenities will be provided for the re-enactors. Sutlers and food vendors registered by Aug. will have no setup fee.
- 19th TN Infantry, CSA
- 79th NY Infantry, Co. H, US
- 43rd TN Infantry, Co. E, CSA
- 59th TN Infantry, Co. F CSA
- 34th GA Infantry, CSA
- 12th TN Infantry, CSA
- Appalachian Guard
- Palmetto Sharpshooters
- Civil War Generals Staff
- Cleburne’s Division TN Division Re-enactors
- Col. Lance Dawson, Commander of Union Army
- Gen. Duane Hamby, Commander of Confederate Army
- David Chaltas, portraying Gen. Robert E. Lee
- Danny Buckner, portraying Gen. Stonewall Jackson
- Wayne Jones, portraying J.E.B. Stuart
- Doug Roberts, portraying Gen. Stonewall Jackson’s Aide de Campe
- Lori Roberts, portraying Mrs. Stonewall Jackson (Anna Jackson)
- Janice Busic, portraying Mrs. Robert E. Lee (Mary Custis Lee)
- David Wolfe, portraying President Abraham Lincoln
- Dane Brewer, portraying Gen. Ulysses S. Grant
- Mack Cothram, portraying Gen. Ambrose Burnside
- Lynn Hammond, portraying Gen. Lee’s Adie de Campe
- Joe Adkins, portraying Col. Abraham Fulkerson
- Rev. Dr. Alan Farley, a.k.a. Chaplain Farley
- Ken Ratcliff, presentation of Medical Display
- Melvin Perkey, presentation of Civil War Flags Display
- Pastor Charles Brooks, chaplain in Old-Time Revival
- Jackie Weaver Dennison, portraying Civil War lady
- Joan Eller, portraying Civil War lady
- Tennessee Quiltworks, Civil War Quilt display
- United Daughters of the Confederacy, Johnson City Chapter
- United Daughters of the Confederacy, Ann Carter Lee Chapter, Bristol
- Vaughn's Brigade, TN Sons of Confederate Veterans, East TN
- Sons of Confederate Veterans, Lt. Robert J. Tipton Camp, Elizabethton
- Sons of Confederate Veterans, Gen. Alfred E. Jackson Camp, Jonesborough
Hear all about it!
Registration for Reenactors
Everyone is cordially invited to participate! The event is open to all Re-Enactors, Sons of Confederate Veterans, Sons of Union Veterans, United Daughters of the Confederacy and all other organizations wishing to preserve and present our Civil War history. All participants must be registered by August 15, 2013, by using the online central Registration Form. Please note that this centralized registration form may be used by Re-Enactors, SCV members, Sutlers, Food Vendors and any others who wish to register for the event. The Registration Form may be filled out online or may be mailed via U.S. mail to Battle of Blountville Re-Enactment, P.O. Box 3179, Blountville, TN 37617. Unique to this year's event, Tennessee Quiltworks will be raffling off a quilt, and all registered reenactors will be eligible for the drawing.
"Musketball" quilt, by Tennessee Quiltworks
The 150th Anniversary Reenactment Battle of Blountville Committee wishes to extend a heart-felt thanks to our sponsors who have generously supported this event.
2013 Re-enactment Committee
Ric Dulaney, Chairman
Bob Dotson, Co-Chairman
Shane Milies, Military Advisor
Scott Koenig, Military Advisor
Melvin Perkey, Sponsorship Chairman
Shelia Hunt, Publicity & Web Coordinator
Robin Dotson, Ladies Events Coordinator
Ryan Dotson, Outreach Coordinator
| Military Park | Home | Contact Us |