2014 Battle of Blountville Civil War Re-Enactment
Registration Forms | Map and Directions | Contact Us
We are pleased to announce that the 2013 Battle of Blountville Civil War Re-Enactment won a Northeast Tennessee Tourism Pinnacle Award for the 2013 event which drew over 7,000 spectators. We're now looking forward to the 2014 event and anticipate event and anticipate even more reenactors and spectators! Here's the scoop on the 2014 event...
The 2014 Battle of Blountville Civil War Reenactment Committee is pleased to announce that the 2014 Battle of Blountville Civil War Reenactment will be held on October 10-12, 2014, at Blountville, Tennessee. Thanks to the Reenactment Committee’s partnership with NETWORKS, the event will once again be held on the Old Hawley Farm, a beautiful 60-acre site near Northeast State Community College. For those reenacting units, civic organizations, sutlers, vendors and others who plan to participate, please let us know as soon as possible and we will list your organization on the website. Registration for the 2014 event is free! Bounties of $125 will be given for the first 5 pieces of artillery. If you would like to participate as a sponsor, please contact us at the Sullivan County Department of Archives and Tourism. Sponsors will be listed on all PR including website, television/radio advertising and more. Ad spaces for the event publication are available ranging from ¼ page, ½ page to full page. This is a wonderful opportunity to support the event and about your company or organization. Looking forward to seeing you at the event!
Visitors will enjoy the historic Hawley farm which provides a beautiful scenic backdrop for the re-enactment. The 2013 event drew over 7,000 spectators! The 2014 event is sure to delight both young and old! Come join us! For further information, please call 423.323.4660.
Reenacting Units and Participants
Event coordinators are offering a $125 bounty for the first five (5) artillery pieces. Powder rations will be issued to the first 100 pre-registered soldiers registered before Aug. 15. Meals and usual amenities will be provided for the re-enactors. Sutlers and food vendors registered by Aug. will have no setup fee.
- Col. Lance Dawson, Commander of Union Army
- Gen. Duane Hamby, Commander of Confederate Army
- Reenacting units
- 1st East Tennessee Battery
- 8th Tennessee, US
- 12th TN Cavalry
- 19th TN Infantry, CSA
- 29th VA, CSA
- 32nd TN Infantry, Co. F, CSA
- 38th TN Infantry
- 43rd TN Vols, CSA
- 59th TN Infantry, Co. F, CSA
- 60th TN Infantry, CSA
- 63rd TN Infantry
- 61st Light Artillery, CSA
- 79th New York, Co. A, US
- 79th NY Infantry, Co. H, US
- Cleburne’s Division TN Division Re-enactors
- Confederate Generals Staff, under command of Phil Bishop
- South Carolina Sharpshooters
- Impersonators (portrayals of Civil War icons)
- Gen. Robert E. Lee, portrayed by David Chaltas
- Mrs. Robert E. Lee, portrayed by Janice Busic
- Col. Abraham Fulkerson, portrayed by Joe Adkins
- Civil War belle, portrayed by Joan Eller
- Medical Staff Sergeant, portrayed by Jim Eller
- Lineage Organizations and Heritage Groups
- Tri-Cities Civil War RoundTable
- TN Sons of Confederate Veterans, Vaughn's Brigade East TN
- Camp 1638, Bradford-Rose, Morristown
- Camp 1817, Lt. Robert D. Powell, Blountville
- Camp 2083, Lt. Robert J. Tipton, Elizabehton
- Camp 2159, Gen. Alfred E. Jackson, Jonesborough
- Lt. Robert J. Tipton Camp #2083, Elizabethton
- United Daughters of the Confederacy, Johnson City Chapter
- United Daughters of the Confederacy, Ann Carter Lee Chapter, Bristol
- CPT K's Bistro (Raggedy Ann)
- Eller Brothers, presentation of Medical Display
- Tennessee Quiltworks, Civil War Quilt display
Calendar of Events
Click here for full Calendar of Events
Directions and Map
The Battle of Blountville Re-Enactment is located an easy 4.5 miles off Interstate 81 Exit 63. Click here for Map, or follow the directions below:
- From I-81, take Exit 63 and head south on Airport Pkwy. for 2 miles.
- Just before the Airport, exit right and turn left on State Route 75.
- Continue for .7 mile.
- Turn right onto Muddy Creek Rd.
- Continue for 1.2 miles.
- Turn left onto Hawley Rd.
- Go .3 mile.
- Re-Enactment site will be on your left at 1173 Hawley Rd., Blountville, TN.
Registration for Reenactors
Everyone is cordially invited to participate! The event is open to all Re-Enactors, Sons of Confederate Veterans, Sons of Union Veterans, United Daughters of the Confederacy and all other organizations wishing to preserve and present our Civil War history. All participants must be registered by August 15, 2014, by using the online central Registration Form. Please note that this centralized registration form may be used by Re-Enactors, SCV members, Sutlers, Food Vendors and any others who wish to register for the event. The Registration Form may be filled out online or may be mailed via U.S. mail to Battle of Blountville Re-Enactment, P.O. Box 3179, Blountville, TN 37617.
"Musketball" quilt, by Tennessee Quiltworks
The 2014 Committee Reenactment for the Battle of Blountville wishes to extend a heart-felt thanks to our sponsors who have generously supported this event.
2014 Re-enactment Committee
Ric Dulaney, Chairman
Bob Dotson, Co-Chairman
Joe Adkins, Heritage Groups Coordinator
Jim Eller, Treasurer and Sponsorship Co-Chairman
Carl Jenkins, Military Advisor
Shelia Hunt, Publicity & Web Coordinator
Robin Dotson, Ladies Events Coordinator
Ryan Dotson, Grounds Coordinator
| Military Park | Home | Contact Us |