2014 Battle of Blountville Civil War Re-Enactment
Registration Forms | Map and Directions | Contact Us
Hear all about it! We are pleased to announce that the 2013 Battle of Blountville Civil War Re-Enactment won a Northeast Tennessee Tourism Pinnacle Award for the 2013 event which drew over 7,000 spectators. We're now looking forward to the 2014 event and anticipate event and anticipate even more reenactors and spectators! Here's the scoop on the 2014 event...
The 2014 Battle of Blountville Civil War Reenactment Committee is pleased to announce that the 2014 Battle of Blountville Civil War Reenactment will be held on October 10-12, 2014, at Blountville, Tennessee. Thanks to the Reenactment Committee’s partnership with NETWORKS, the event will once again be held on the Old Hawley Farm, a beautiful 60-acre site near Northeast State Community College. For those reenacting units, civic organizations, sutlers, vendors and others who plan to participate, please let us know as soon as possible and we will list your organization on the website. Registration for the 2014 event is free! Bounties of $125 will be given for the first 5 pieces of artillery. If you would like to participate as a sponsor, please contact us at the Sullivan County Department of Archives and Tourism. Sponsors will be listed on all PR including website, television/radio advertising and more. Ad spaces for the event publication are available ranging from ¼ page, ½ page to full page. This is a wonderful opportunity to support the event and about your company or organization. Looking forward to seeing you at the event!
General and Mrs. Lee (portrayed by Janice Busic and David Chaltas)
Visitors will enjoy the historic Hawley farm which provides a beautiful scenic backdrop for the re-enactment. The 2013 event drew over 7,000 spectators! The 2014 event is sure to delight both young and old! Come join us! For further information, please call 423.323.4660.
Reenacting Units and Participants
Event coordinators are offering a $125 bounty for the first five (5) artillery pieces. Powder rations will be issued to the first 100 pre-registered soldiers registered before Aug. 15. Meals and usual amenities will be provided for the re-enactors. Sutlers and food vendors registered by Aug. will have no setup fee.
- Col. Lance Dawson, Commander of Union Army
- Gen. Duane Hamby, Commander of Confederate Army
- REENACTING UNITS
- 1st East Tennessee Battery
- 1st Kentucky Infantry Brigade, CSA
- 1st Tennessee Cavalry, US
- 1st Virginia
- 2nd North Carolina Mounted Infantry, US
- 3rd TN/2nd NC Infantry, US
- 8th Tennessee, US
- 12th Tennessee Cavalry
- 19th Tennessee Infantry, CSA, host unit
- 26th Tennessee Infantry, Co. K, CSA
- 29th Virginia, CSA
- 32nd Tennessee Infantry, Co. F, CSA
- 38th Tennessee Infantry
- 43rd Tennessee Vols, CSA
- 59th Tennessee Infantry, Co. F, CSA
- 60th Tennessee Infantry, CSA
- 63rd Tennessee Infantry, CSA
- 61st Light Artillery, CSA
- 79th New York, Co. A, US
- 79th New York Infantry, Co. H, US
- 79th New York Inantry, AFB, US
- Giles Artillery, CSA
- Cleburne’s Division TN Division Re-enactors
- Confederate Generals Staff, under command of Phil Bishop
- South Carolina Sharpshooters
- IMPERSONATORS (portrayals of Civil War icons)
- President Jefferson Davis, portrayed by Don Belles
- Mrs. Jefferson Davis (Varina Davis), portrayed by Mrs. Belles
- Gen. Robert E. Lee, portrayed by David Chaltas
- Mrs. Robert E. Lee, portrayed by Janice Busic
- Col. Abraham Fulkerson, portrayed by Joe Adkins
- Civil War belle, portrayed by Joan Eller
- Medical Staff Sergeant, portrayed by Jim Eller
- SPECIAL DEMONSTRATIONS
- Eller Brothers, presentation of Medical Display
- Civil War Flags presentation, by Melvin Perkey
- Civil War Uniforms, by John Lyle
- The Saltmaker/Saltmaking demonstration, by Jim Bordwine
- LINEAGE & HERITAGE GROUPS
AND OTHER ORGANIZATIONS
- Tri-Cities Civil War RoundTable
- TN Sons of Confederate Veterans, Vaughn's Brigade East TN
- Camp 1638, Bradford-Rose, Morristown
- Camp 1817, Lt. Robert D. Powell, Blountville
- Camp 2083, Lt. Robert J. Tipton, Elizabehton
- Camp 2159, Gen. Alfred E. Jackson, Jonesborough
- Lt. Robert J. Tipton Camp #2083, Elizabethton
- TN Son of Union Veterans, Camp 39, Morristown
- Order of the Confederate Rose
- United Daughters of the Confederacy, Johnson City Chapter
- United Daughters of the Confederacy, Ann Carter Lee Chapter, Bristol
- Trail Life USA
- Possum Holler Sutlery
- Old-Time Kettle Corn
- TLC Mercantile
- Dutch Fork Sutlery
- LaPierre Leathergoods
- FOOD VENDORS
Area food vendors will have lots of great food on hand, including old-time barbeque, hamburgers, hot dogs, cheese fries, nachos, fried green tomatoes, deep fried twinkies, deep fried oreos, funnel cakes, pizza, deep fried pickles, Philly cheese steak, curly potatoes, and more!
- CPT K's Bistro (Raggedy Ann)
- Funnel Cakes and More
- BBQ & More
Calendar of Events
Click here for full Calendar of Events
Directions and Map
The Battle of Blountville Re-Enactment is located an easy 4.5 miles off Interstate 81 Exit 63. Click here for Map, or follow the directions below:
- From I-81, take Exit 63 and head south on Airport Pkwy. for 2 miles.
- Just before the Airport, exit right and turn left on State Route 75.
- Continue for .7 mile.
- Turn right onto Muddy Creek Rd.
- Continue for 1.2 miles.
- Turn left onto Hawley Rd.
- Go .3 mile.
- Re-Enactment site will be on your left at 1173 Hawley Rd., Blountville, TN.
Registration for Reenactors
Everyone is cordially invited to participate! The event is open to all Re-Enactors, Sons of Confederate Veterans, Sons of Union Veterans, United Daughters of the Confederacy and all other organizations wishing to preserve and present our Civil War history. All participants must be registered by August 15, 2014, by using the online central Registration Form. Please note that this centralized registration form may be used by Re-Enactors, SCV members, Sutlers, Food Vendors and any others who wish to register for the event. The Registration Form may be filled out online or may be mailed via U.S. mail to Battle of Blountville Re-Enactment, P.O. Box 3179, Blountville, TN 37617.
"Musketball" quilt, by Tennessee Quiltworks
The 2014 BATTLE OF BLOUNTVILLE CIVIL WAR REENACTMENT is sponsored by:
- 2014 Battle of Blountville Reenactment Committee
- Sullivan County Department of Archives and Tourism
We extend a special THANK YOU to the following additional sponsors:
- NETWORKS, Inc.
- Joe Adkins
- Curtis Akard
- Bristol Thrift and Antiques
- Los Jalapenos II
- Keystone Automotive
- Holston Ruritan
- Burger Bar
- J&B Customs
- Quaker Steak & Lube
- Bill's Auto Sales
- Compton's Fabricare Center
- Roberson's Tennessee Mellowmoon
- One-of-A-Kind Gallery
- Fairmount Service Center
- Hard Packs
- LaCarona Mexican Restaurant
- Sam's Gun and Pawn
- Performance Automotive
- AAA Thrift Shop
- The Yard Sale Store
2014 Re-enactment Committee
Ric Dulaney, Chairman
Bob Dotson, Co-Chairman
Joe Adkins, Heritage Groups Coordinator
Jim Eller, Treasurer and Sponsorship Co-Chairman
Carl Jenkins, Military Advisor
Shelia Hunt, Publicity & Web Coordinator
Robin Dotson, Ladies Events Coordinator
Ryan Dotson, Grounds Coordinator
| Military Park | Home | Contact Us |