2015 Battle of Blountville Civil War Re-Enactment
Registration | Map and Directions | Contact Us
HEAR ALL ABOUT IT! We are pleased to announce that the 2013 Battle of Blountville Civil War Re-Enactment won a Northeast Tennessee Tourism Pinnacle Award for the 2013 event which drew over 7,000 spectators. We're now looking forward to the 2015 event and anticipate event and anticipate even more reenactors and spectators! Here's the scoop on the 2015 event...
The 2015 Battle of Blountville Civil War Reenactment Committee is pleased to announce that the 2015 Battle of Blountville Civil War Reenactment will be held on October 9-11, 2015at Blountville, Tennessee. Thanks to the Reenactment Committee’s partnership with NETWORKS, the event will once again be held on the Old Hawley Farm, a beautiful 60-acre site near Northeast State Community College. For those reenacting units, civic organizations, sutlers, vendors and others who plan to participate, please let us know as soon as possible and we will list your organization on the website. Registration for the 2015 event is free! Bounties of $125 will be given for the first 5 pieces of artillery. If you would like to participate as a sponsor, please contact us at the Sullivan County Department of Archives and Tourism. Sponsors will be listed on all PR including website, television/radio advertising and more. Ad spaces for the event publication are available ranging from ¼ page, ½ page to full page. This is a wonderful opportunity to support the event and about your company or organization. Looking forward to seeing you at the event!
General and Mrs. Lee (portrayed by Janice Busic and David Chaltas)
Visitors will enjoy the historic Hawley farm which provides a beautiful scenic backdrop for the re-enactment. The 2013 event drew over 7,000 spectators! The 2015 event is sure to delight both young and old! Come join us! For further information, please call 423.323.4660.
Reenacting Units and Participants
Event coordinators are offering a $125 bounty for the first five (5) artillery pieces. Powder rations will be issued to the first 100 pre-registered soldiers registered before Sep. 15. Meals and usual amenities will be provided for the re-enactors. Sutlers and food vendors registered by Aug. will have no setup fee.
- Col. Lance Dawson, Commander of Union Army
- Col. Carl Jenkins, Commander of Confederate Army
- REENACTING UNITS (list will be updated periodically)
- 1st Virginia Cavalry, Washington Rifles, CSA
- 19th TN Infantry, CSA
- 59th Tennessee Infantry, CSA
- 60th Tennessee Infantry, CSA
- 61st Light Artillery, CSA
- 79th New York, Co. A
- 79th New York, Co. H
- Giles Light Artillery, CSA
- IMPERSONATORS (portrayals of Civil War icons)
- President Jefferson Davis, portrayed by Don Belles
- Mrs. Jefferson Davis (Varina Davis), portrayed by Mrs. Belles
- Gen. Robert E. Lee, portrayed by David Chaltas
- Mrs. Robert E. Lee, portrayed by Janice Busic
- Medical Staff Sergeant, portrayed by Jim Eller
- SPECIAL DEMONSTRATIONS
- Civil War Uniforms, by John Lyle
- LINEAGE & HERITAGE GROUPS
AND OTHER ORGANIZATIONS
- Tri-Cities Civil War RoundTable
- TN Sons of Confederate Veterans, Vaughn's Brigade East TN
- Camp 1638, Bradford-Rose, Morristown
- Camp 1817, Lt. Robert D. Powell, Blountville
- Camp 2083, Lt. Robert J. Tipton, Elizabehton
- Camp 2159, Gen. Alfred E. Jackson, Jonesborough
- Lt. Robert J. Tipton Camp #2083, Elizabethton
- TN Son of Union Veterans, Camp 39, Maryville
- Order of the Confederate Rose
- United Daughters of the Confederacy, Johnson City Chapter
- United Daughters of the Confederacy, Ann Carter Lee Chapter, Bristol
- Boy Scouts of America
- Trail Life USA
- Tennessee National Guard
- Possum Holler Sutlery
- Old-Time Kettle Corn
- TLC Mercantile
- Dutch Fork Sutlery
- LaPierre Leathergoods
- FOOD VENDORS
Area food vendors will have lots of great food on hand, including old-time barbeque, hamburgers, hot dogs, cheese fries, nachos, fried green tomatoes, deep fried twinkies, deep fried oreos, funnel cakes, pizza, deep fried pickles, Philly cheese steak, curly potatoes, and more!
- Funnel Cakes and More
- BBQ & More
Calendar of Events
Click here for full Calendar of Events
Directions and Map
The Battle of Blountville Re-Enactment is located an easy 4.5 miles off Interstate 81 Exit 63. Click here for Map, or follow the directions below:
- From I-81, take Exit 63 and head south on Airport Pkwy. for 2 miles.
- Just before the Airport, exit right and turn left on State Route 75.
- Continue for .7 mile.
- Turn right onto Muddy Creek Rd.
- Continue for 1.2 miles.
- Turn left onto Hawley Rd.
- Go .3 mile.
- Re-Enactment site will be on your left at 1173 Hawley Rd., Blountville, TN.
Registration for Reenactors
Everyone is cordially invited to participate! The event is open to all Re-Enactors, Sons of Confederate Veterans, Sons of Union Veterans, United Daughters of the Confederacy and all other organizations wishing to preserve and present our Civil War history. All participants must be registered by September 15, 2015, by using the online central Registration Form. Please note that this centralized registration form may be used by Re-Enactors, SCV members, Sutlers, Food Vendors and any others who wish to register for the event. The Registration Form may be filled out online or may be mailed via U.S. mail to Battle of Blountville Re-Enactment, P.O. Box 3179, Blountville, TN 37617.
The 2015 BATTLE OF BLOUNTVILLE CIVIL WAR REENACTMENT is sponsored by:
- 2015 Battle of Blountville Reenactment Committee
- Sullivan County Department of Archives and Tourism
We extend a special thank you to the following additional supporting organizations:
- Battle of Blountville Civil War Military Park Executive Committee
- NETWORKS, Inc.
- Sons of Confederate Veterans
- Armies of Tennessee
- Armies of the French Broad
- Department of East Tennessee Reenactors
2015 Re-enactment Committee
Bob Dotson, Coordinator
Carl Jenkins, Confederate Commander
Phillip Bishop, Military Advisor
Robin Dotson, Ladies Events Coordinator
Jackie Weaver Dennison
Ryan Dotson, Grounds Coordinator
Shelia Hunt, Publicity/Web Coordinator
| Military Park | Home | Contact Us |